Dr. Benjamin Cohen and his staff are here to assist all of your cosmetic treatments, along with many products. The cosmetic procedures include: chemical peels, dermal fillers, wrinkle treatments, leg vein treatments, and laser and light treatments.
Chemical peels are topical applications used to aid in the gentle shedding of the top layers of your skin. There are varying types and strengths of peeling products used depending on your skin type and the particular problem being addressed. We utilize several different peel compounds including glycolic acid, salcylic acid, and for deeper peels trichloracetic acid. Some newer peel technologies combine peeling agents to generate and effective exfoliation with minimal downtime.
Soft tissue fillers are agents that can be injected underneath the skin to replace volume lost over time from aging, smoking and the affects of gravity and the sun. They are strategically placed to minimize or even eliminate wrinkles and fine lines. They can be placed to correct a specific defect such as the nasolabial fold or can be injected into multiple areas to create a more youthful look. A commonly treated area is around the mouth to restore lost volume and to create a fuller, more aesthetically appealing lip. There are several fillers to choose from:
- Belotero®- Belotero from Merz Aesthetics is a FDA approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler. Belotero is an unique gel filler that is softer than other hyaluronic fillers on the market. This helps the filler blend seamlessly with the skin and facial contours, instantly improving the appearance of fine lines. Belotero® also excels at treating superficial lines and wrinkles that are closer to the surface of the skin, avoiding the bluish hue (known as the Tyndall Effect) that occurs when too much Restylane or Perlane are injected near the surface of the skin.
- Juvéderm®– A smooth gel made of hyaluronic acid- a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. Juvéderm® restores the skin’s volume and smoothes away facial wrinkles and folds.
- Radiesse®– Helps to firm up sagging skin and can be used for skin contouring. It is a natural product that is slowly absorbed by the body where it stimulates collagen production; this encourages natural correction of wrinkles in addition to requiting less Radiesse® over time. The results of Radiesse® are immediate and generally treatment can be accomplished with almost no downtime. However, some patients experience minor bruising on rare occasions.
- Restylane®– Softens and improves deep lines and wrinkles. Restylane® is also used to plump-up the lips, giving a fuller appearance. Restylane® is composed of hyaluronic acid, which is the main component of dermis. The results of Restylane® are immediate, and treatment can generally be accomplished with almost no downtime, however occasionally some patients experience minor bruising. Restylane® lasts for up to 6-9 months.
- Sculptra®- Facial injectable treatment that is intended for use in people with healthy immune systems as a one-time treatment regimen of up to 4 injection sessions that are scheduled about 3 weeks apart for correction of shallow to deep nasolabial fold contour deficiencies and other facial wrinkles in which deep dermal grid pattern injection technique is appropriate. It works gradually to replace collagen that is lost during the aging process.
- Voluma®- Adds volume lost to aging for adults over 21 years of age. Creats contour and a subtle life instantly. Voluma® helps restore a more youthful profile for up to 2 years with optimal treatment.
Botulinum toxin, also known commercially as Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin, is an FDA-approved medication that is injected into the muscles beneath the skin to help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The medication acts by weakening the muscles into which it is injected so that the lines in the skin soften and become less prone to wrinkling. The lines that result from frequent muscle contractions ultimately fade or even disappear as a result.
- Botox®– Botox® is a quick, safe, non-surgical alternative to other anti-aging treatments. It typically involves several small injections by a skilled dermatologist who will determine how much and in which specific locations the medication should be used to achieve the best results.
- Dysport®- Dysport® smooths out lines and wrinkles that occur when facial muscles contract. Although approved by the FDA only in 2009, Dysport® has been used safely in Europe for years (as Reloxin) for both medical and cosmetic purposes. Dysport® relaxes the facial muscles that cause wrinkles in the brow, forehead, and around the eyes. After treatment you look more relaxed and confident and this helps you to feel better about yourself.
- Xeomin®- Xeomin® is the latest in neuromodulators to receive FDA approval, preceded by Botox® and Dysport®. Like its predecessors, Xeomin® is ideal for lines on the forehead and between the eyebrows, as well as crow’s feet. Smoothing these lines, called glabellar lines, leads to a more youthful, rested appearance.
Leg Vein Treatment
Hormone changes, genetics, and pregnancy can cause vein damage that produces prominent, visible spider veins. Procedures can improve skin irregularities such as vascular lesions, spider veins, and broken capillaries with a series of treatments.
- Sclerotherapy- A salt solution that is injected into the veins, which causes the vascular walls to collapse and close. The body then reabsorbs these vessels, leading to marked improvement of the appearance of the veins.
- YAG Laser– YAG laser therapy is administered using a hand-held device that emits high-intensity light to heat the abnormal vein while leaving the surrounding skin intact. As pulses of energy are delivered, some light stinging or tingling may be experienced. The procedure may take only a few minutes or up to an hour for larger areas.
Intense pulse light typically used to treat rosacea, birthmarks, scars, port wine stains, angiomas, redness from sun damage, facial veins, and red bumps on the skin. The non-invasive treatment uses brief, but intense bursts of light that destroy the affected blood vessels that give scars and markings their unwanted red color.
- DeepFX™- DeepFX™ is a revolutionary fractional laser technology for aged, sun-damaged or scarred skin. The low-downtime procedure uses fractional CO² laser microbeams to precisely target the deep dermal layers of the skin. This stimulates a cascade of healing responses that leads to tissue regeneration and new collagen formation throughout the entire treatment area. And because only a fraction of the skin is actually touched by the laser, healing time can be limited to just a few days.
- ActiveFX™- With ActiveFX™ treatment, a high-energy beam of laser light interacts with the skin’s surface causing the upper layer to peel off and regenerate a layer of new, healthy skin. The laser beam is applied in a fractional pattern, leaving small “bridges” of untouched skin. This technique makes the healing process much faster and enables you to get back to normal activities sooner.
- Laser Hair Removal– Laser hair removal involves removal of unwanted facial or body hair using laser light. The laser work by targeting the hair follicle bulb leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. Traditional hair removal methods such as waxing or shaving remove only the hair shaft which leaves the follicle in place to grow new hair. Lasers can be used to treat unwanted facial hair or hair on the back, armpits, arms, legs, and the bikini area. Overall, the procedure leaves skin smooth without the stubble and irritation that can often occur with other removal methods.
Is your chin taking over your profile? Maybe that extra fullness beneath your chin is something you’ve had your whole life, something that developed over the years, or something you noticed recently. This may be a condition called submental fullness, or “double chin”. Kybella® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin“. It is not known if Kybella® is safe and effective for use outside of the submental area or in children less than 18 years of age.
LightSheer® Hair Reduction
Lumenis® LightSheer® family of permenant hair reduction products offers unparalleled treatment speed and efficacy with optimal patient comfort.
LightSheer® is more than 75% faster than the average hair reduction session, and also features the unique HIT™ and ChillTip™ technologies for pain relief. Additionally, LightSheer® is a smart economical choice, saving you money spent on temporary hair removal solutions.
The Lumenis® ResurFX™ treatment is a fractional skin rejuvenation solution, enabling your physician to offer you remarkable results for younger, healthier, glowing skin. Our unique fractional rejuvenation technology, the ResurFX™ non-ablative skin resurfacing, allows for comfortable, fast, and effective treatment.
M22™ IPL Photorejuvenation
The Lumenis® IPL Photorejuvenation treatment enable your physician, Dr. Cohen, to offer you remarkable results on a range of skin concerns such as age and sun spots, freckles, birthmarks, rosacea and broken capillaries.
Our unique IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology gently and effectively eliminates spots, discolorations, and unwanted blood vessels.
GetSmooth + StaySmooth – Continue taking control of looking great and feeling great through NuEra’s unique treatment package featuring a 2-step maintenance approach. Step 1: Jump-start with an initial course of treatments designed to meet your goals, Step 2: Maintain results easily with a regular treatment touch-up program.
The Lumenis Legend M²™ combination therapy is a non-surgercial treatment (using micro-needling) technique that reaches multiple layers of the skin and combines a wide range of solutions from skin resurfacing and regeneration to wrinkle reduction.
By incorporating two leading, clinically proven technologies, Legend M²™ provides immediate results that are maintained in the long term, with minimal pain and almost no downtime.
Geneo is the ultimate super facial for achieving a younger, fresher and naturally better-looking skin. Get immediate and lasting results—Effective formulations and treatment kits provide immediate and long-lasting results for revitalizing, purifying and rejuvenating the skin while improving overall skin texture and appearance.
Personalized and versatile—A single platform containing 3 powerful technologies that can be used in synergy to address specific needs and desires for all skin types.
Safe and pleasant—Tested and validated technologies designed to stimulate the body’s natural healing mechanisms that result in minimal discomfort and downtime.
SkinPen® by Bellus Medical is the first micro-needling device using Platelets-Rich-Plasma (PRP) in the world cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), clinically proven to safely and effectively treat facial acne scares for ages 22 and up. With as few as 3 non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance and step out with confidence.
The Emsculpt® is the world’s only non-invasive procedure to efficiently build your muscles. Tone and strenghten your buttocks and restore your core to get your flat, sculpted abs back.